Science Teaching Tools
Science is important in Jacksonville – especially with the Mayo Clinic constantly growing and new industries coming to town. Before children finish elementary school, we make it our mission to inspire them to pursue further science education. We want all fifth-graders to have a blast (pun intended!) in science.
Our home, Dinsmore Elementary, is a science magnet. While the school is not a dedicated science magnet, science is emphasized by, among other things, having a full-time fifth grade science teacher.
This teacher understands the needs of her students. She was a student at Dinsmore Elementary and has returned to teach and inspire. Her roots go deep in understanding the community as her mother also attended this same elementary school.
We’ve focused our fifth-grade science efforts on teaching tools. Science is better understood with experiments and classroom displays.
We thank our sponsor for providing teaching tools that will inspire students for years to come!
- MagMover ClikMagnets (100) & Pole4 Photo
- Trundle wheels5 Photo
- Friction board5 Photo
- 100-pot seedling plant stand with lights5 Photo
- 7 BodyPartCharts2 Photo
- Human Digestive System Model2 Photo
- Somso Human Urinary Tract Model3 Photo
- Stethoscopes (12)2
- Dimensional Man 3D2 Photo
- Anatomy See-Through Sally2 Photo
- Human eye BodyPartChart2 Photo
- Human eye model 5 times full size2 Photo
- Full-size human hanging skeleton2 Photo
- Outdoor classroom1 Photo
- Weather instruments/tools4 List
- Magna-Trix Floating Magnets Sets4/(12) Photo
1 CSX Transportation (2020-21)
2 William & Helen Thomas Charitable Trust, Bank of America, N.A., Co-Trustee (2020-21, 2021-22)
3 Vicky and her Optum RX Team (2020-21)
4 Linda Brunson, Board member (2020-21, 2021-22)
5 Roger Mann, Board member (2021-22)